FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Amber Hamilton
Roosevelt County Offices Continue Modified Service Delivery
PORTALES, N.M. – Roosevelt County has continued to experience increased COVID-19 cases within our communities, and these numbers are expected to continue to be elevated throughout December. In a continued response to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s Public Health Orders pertaining to the COVID-19 public health emergency and the directive to minimize public health risk, all County Offices will remain closed to the public for in-person services effective through Monday, Jan. 4, 2020. During this time county personnel will provide services to the public electronically, by phone or by appointment and services will be limited.
- County Government Administration, County Clerk’s, Assessor’s, Treasurer’s, and Sheriff’s Offices, Planning/Emergency Management, Detention Center and Road will not provide direct in-person services to the public. If the public has business with any of these offices, business will need to be conducted via Email, through the mail or by telephone and/or fax.
- All offices will continue to be staffed and customers are encouraged to contact the offices with the information below.
- Administration 575.356.5307 email@example.com
- Detention 575.356.6871 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance 575.356.5307 email@example.com
- Human Resources 575.356.5307 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigent Healthcare 575.356.5307 email@example.com
- Road Department 575.356.5942 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessor’s Office 575.356.6971 email@example.com
- County Clerk’s Office 575.356.8562 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheriff’s Office 575.356.4408 email@example.com
- Treasurer’s Office 575.356.4081 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for services, filing, recording and payment of taxes will need to be done via check, money order or credit card. Payments may be submitted through the mail, online, or customers may use the payment drop box located on the northeast corner of the Roosevelt County Courthouse. No County office or department will accept cash for fees, services or payments.
- Individuals seeking a marriage license will need to call the County Clerk’s Office and make arrangements.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The safety and security of our employees and the public is our upmost concern. We need all our children back in school physically, all businesses open, and the stress on our healthcare system relieved and all our first responders protected. Roosevelt County is following the State PHO and relying on the Center for Disease Control, New Mexico Department of Health, and the World Health Organization for the latest COVID-19 data.