The deadline for everyone to complete the 2020 Census is Sept. 30.
Your Local Complete Count Census Committee is announcing a new competition featuring prizes for Roosevelt County residents willing to help us promote the 2020 Census in these final days!
- Participants must be 18 years old to enter.
- Send a text message encouraging their 2020 Census completion to contacts in your phone book. These have to be INDIVIDUAL text messages, no group texts!
- You can use the sample text message below or create your own.
- Participants must complete the form below to enter the contest.
- Participants must report their outreach numbers by Oct. 2, 2020. Remember keep your text messages as you will have to prove your reported contacts…
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
• 1st $500 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 2nd $400 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 3rd $300 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 4th $200 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 5th $150 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 6th $100 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
• 7th $50 in Roosevelt County merchant gift cards
•We will also randomly draw from remaining participants for 12
additional $25 Roosevelt County merchant gift cards or prizes.
Sample Text Message:
The deadline for the 2020 Census is Sept. 30th. Please make sure your household is counted as it only takes 10 minutes! What does the census do for you? It ensures that New Mexico receives federal funding for the next decade—funding that supports our roads, schools, public safety, and more. We all rely on these things every day, so make sure you’re counted.
Fill out your census online, by phone, or by mail today at my2020census.gov
Remember: 10 minutes, 10 years of funding.
Or create your own…
Messages that are more local and personal are always better. Follow the simple structure below to make sure you message is simple, concise, and covers everything you need to.
Sentence 1: Explain what the 2020 Census is.
Sentence 2: Talk about how it impacts your community.
Sentence 3: Add your call to action! Direct people to my2020census.gov.
Contact Johnny Montiel at firstname.lastname@example.org 575.356.2869 or Amber Hamilton email@example.com 575.356.5307 if you have any questions. Prizes will be awarded the week of Oct. 5, 2020.